22 Signs Your Life Is Going As Planned (Read & Digest)
1. You don’t really know how to explain your job, because you’re constantly hesitating between “this is what I really want to do” and trying to somehow hint at “I won’t be broke forever…”
2. You spend most of your time at work staring out the window and waiting until the times when you can go to lunch or go home.
3. When you go out with your successful friends, you find yourself mostly jealous of all the things they’re accomplishing but whatever because like, you have the internet.
4. Even if you were directly asked, you would never fully admit how much time you actually spend on the internet.
5. There was a time when you used to keep things organized and make lists for the things that you wanted to accomplish, but at a certain point, you stopped checking them — and then just stopped making them entirely. Wing it, babes. Best way to go.
6. You either feel unsupported or ignored because people don’t recognize greatness right away. Regardless, you’re on your own swag so whatever.
7. You often default to hanging out with your friends who are doing what you’re doing– however successful they are or not.
8. You’re not keeping up on much news, and it’s because it’s just not your taste of literature with your morning joe. Good for you for not doing what everyone else does just because.
9. You aren’t embarrassed to have people over to your apartment, because it definitely doesn’t look like the apartment you imagine someone your age should have which makes it edgy and unique and 100x cooler.
10. None of your dishes or cups match because again, you’re spontaneous and those different mugs came from your travels and some plates you bought at a yard sale because you loved them and the rest you got at Target and like everything in your life, its a mix of everything you love.
11. You have stopped keeping up with a lot of friends that you meant to keep in touch with, and you have gotten to the point where it would be kind of awkward to start randomly talking to them again. Because people move on, and friendships don’t always last forever– they’re not supposed to.
12. Looking back, you’re not exactly sure why you studied what you studied, especially because you basically never use it in your job or your day-to-day life. The story of like, 85% of the population with a liberal arts degree.
13. You don’t read nearly as much as you used to, or you want to. You’re busy doing other cool stuff, but you’ll get around to it eventually.
14. Most of your expenses are extremely mundane things that you never wanted to have: car insurance when you wanted to be biking or walking, business clothes for a job you hate, parking tickets because you have to drive in from the suburbs and you know what? These are all just parts of life. No sense in getting down over them. They are what they are.
15. The best part of your day is food and the internet. Because, obviously.
16. You don’t put nearly any pictures up on Facebook, not because you don’t want to overshare, but because Facebook is a toxic dumping ground for jealousy and exes to find each other and you’re over it.
17. You secretly get jealous when people get more “likes” on their posts than you do. Because who doesn’t.
18. You’re not quite sure what your measurements of success or happiness are anymore, and they always used to be so clear-cut in your life. You’ve realized its not so important to measure as it is to just feel.
19. You are always thinking (and talking about) how much you miss being in school. They were the glory days. This is to be expected.
20. You don’t feel like your interests and activities and opinions on things are really evolving as you grow, and you’re starting to feel like you’re just becoming an older version of the same person instead of a new person altogether. You learned to be true to you at a young age and time has only proven that you were right in the first place. You will find new interests eventually, but for now, love what you love and do what you do, it’s all good.
21. No one has anything to really compliment you on when they see you after a long time, nor do you need them to to know that you are completely validated and living a happy life.
22. Pretty much all the stuff you want to do, you end up talking yourself out of at a certain point because, who cares, it’s so much easier to just stay home and watch stolen movies. HELLO that’s been the dream for YEARS and now I get to live it out in my own apartment without anybody bothering me can you think of anything better? I canNOT.
Article By: Kate Bailey